We are pleased to announce that Blumont has been selected as one of the 15 holders of the Governance and Conflict Lot of the Global Development Delivery Framework (GDD), awarded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) of the United Kingdom. The GDD Framework is valued at 3 billion GBP and will be operationalised worldwide to advance projects supporting communities and the United Kingdom’s national interests.
The goal of the Governance and Conflict Lot of the GDD Framework is to build an enabling environment for long-term stability and development progress including in fragile environments. Suppliers assigned to this lot are expected to provide expertise in:
– Conflict analysis, conflict sensitivity, conflict prevention, and atrocity prevention
– Supporting negotiations and peace processes
– Stabilisation, early recovery, reconstruction, security, justice, and human rights
– Addressing legacies of armed conflict
– Preventing sexual violence in conflict
– Women, peace, and security
– Responding to violent extremism
– Conflict, climate, environment, and natural resource management
– Conflict, data, and technology
As a supplier for this lot, Blumont is committed to bringing our 20+ years of experience working in some of the world’s most challenging environments to help communities recover from crisis or conflict, strengthen social cohesion, and promote peace and stability. In the past year alone, our teams supported communities, civil society, and local leadership to take on challenges and strengthen participatory, inclusive governance on international donor-funded programmes in Afghanistan, Colombia, Iraq, Jordan, Pakistan, and Syria.
“We look forward to the opportunity to partner with FCDO to advance responsive governance, foster collaboration, and effect meaningful change through nuanced programming tailored to each community’s local context,” said Wesley Horne, Blumont’s Senior Technical Advisor on Governance and Stabilization.